Based in Bergen, Norway
Xbox One (published by Snow Cannon Games)
|USD||$9.99 PC / $14.99 console|
|EUR||€9.99 PC / $14.99 console|
|GBP||£6.99 PC / $11.3 console|
Teslagrad is a 2D puzzle platformer with action elements, where magnetism and other electromagnetic powers are the key to go throughout the game, and thereby discover the secrets kept in the long abandoned Tesla Tower. Gain new abilities to explore a non-linear world with more than 100 beautiful hand-drawn environments, in a steampunk-inspired vision of old Europe. You play as a young boy who suddenly finds himself embroiled in a long-forgotten conspiracy, involving the despotic king who has ruled the nation with an iron fist for several years. Jump into an outstanding adventure told through voiceless storytelling, writing your own part. Armed with ancient Teslamancer technology and your own ingenuity and creativity, your path lies through the decrepit Tesla Tower and beyond.
Teslagrad is the first game that Rain Games released. After getting some funding and moving into our first proper office, Teslagrad development continued. PlayStation 3 and Wii U versions of the game were announced on May and June 2013, and a first playable demo for the PC was released on August 2013. Later that year Teslagrad attended indie game events such as PAX Prime 2013 and Eurogamer Expo 2013, gathering invaluable feedback and being warmly received by players and press. In 2023 Teslagrad is brought to 15 different platforms and still counting, and over the years across all these platforms we have sold over 2 million copies of the game.
- Complex puzzles! Put your sense of logic to the test and cleverly manipulate the world around you using electricity and magnetism.
- Explore! Make your way through rich 2D hand-drawn surroundings as you journey into - and beyond- Tesla Tower, picking up use amazing new items as you go.
- Visual storytelling! Tired of all those words in your video games? Have no fear, Teslagrad features not a single snippet of text or squeak of dialogue. Everything is purely visual, and the entire story is told through what you see (and sometimes what you don't see).
- Steampunk powered! Discover a dystopic and mind-blowing rainy-and-brainy setting, presenting a steampunk vision of an old Europe-inspired new world.
- No disruptions! That means no loading screens, no GUI, no cutscenes. Just the game and you.
- Mesmerizing soundtrack! Awesome mix of classical orchestra, with a touch of Russian inspiration and a myriad of metal bits and electrical stuff.
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Nomination for best 2D visuals." Unity Awards, August 2014.
- "Two nominations for Best Nordic Game of the Year, Best Nordic Innovation award." Malmö, Sweden. May 22nd 2014.
- "The colourful backgrounds, expressive movements, and focus on puzzles over combat recalls a mix of Braid and Limbo."
- Jeffrey Matulef, Eurogamer
- "Teslagrad is highly rewarding and an ultimately fantastic game."
- Darren Nakamura, Destructoid
- "An excellent Metroidvania, fun and stimulating to the brain."
- Lorenzo Baldo, IGN Italy
- "[Teslagrad] understands the golden rule of spinning a good story: Show, Don't Tell."
- Dale Morgan, IndieGameMag
- "It's beautiful minimalist storytelling, and it fits really well with the gameplay proper, which is delightful in more ways than one."
- Jared Rosen, Indiestatik
- "The art of the game matches how good this game is. Brilliant."
- Jozef Wotawa, Jumptogamer
- "Merging the dark, industrial, steampunk-inspired world with cartoonish fantasy is simply stunning."
- Joey Woznicki, Gaming Irresponsibly
- "The devs like call it "voiceless storytelling", but I like to call it a "super f*cking cool and a fantastic new, never seen before way of storytelling""
- Krist Duro, Duuro
Rain Games allows for the contents of Teslagrad to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Teslagrad is legally & explicitly allowed by Rain Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://rain-games.com/press/sheet.php?p=teslagrad.
To request codes for the Xbox One version of Teslagrad, please contact email@example.com
About Rain Games
Rain Games is an independent, employee-owned game development studio based in Norway. Founded in 2010, the creators at Rain Games share a passion for crafting memorable worlds which engage curious players through a sense of exploration and discovery. The studio previously released the critically acclaimed puzzle platformer Teslagrad, as well as the 3D action-adventure World to the West, and revolution-themed social survival game Mesmer. Rain Games recently released its anticipated sequel Teslagrad 2, and the team creating Girl Genius: Adventures in Castle Heterodyne are gearing up for their own release later in 2023. Learn more at rain-games.com.
More information on Rain Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Management, Level Design
Ole Ivar Rudi
Rain Games in motion!
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks