Based in Bergen, Norway
5 September, 2023
Girl Genius™: Adventures in Castle Heterodyne is an action-adventure set in a Steampunk interpretation of old Europe. It blends comic-book visuals with a stylized 3D environment. The steampunk inspirations Rain has shown its aptitude for throughout previous games are once again on full and dazzling display. The game takes inspiration from early 3D Zelda titles, as well as classic PlayStation 2-era titles like Ratchet and Clank. It will scratch that itch for Retro-Action and also provides a variety of environmental puzzles and challenges.
The game started as a Kickstarter project in 2020, and after all these years, the game is finally ready to be handed over to all those people that have been supporting it from the start. Rain Games worked closely with the authors to make sure their universe could come alive in the form of a videogame, offering an exciting experience for those familiar with the IP and to newcomers alike.
- Use MAD SCIENCE! tools like the Grapple Gun and the Wrencherang to explore the Castle!
- Obliterate enemies in punchy melee combat, and use gadgets like the Power Lantern or your Death Ray to give you that extra edge.
- Use your Dingbot minion to explore areas Agatha can't reach, by moving in tight spaces, digging underground, and flying.
- Solve tricky spatial puzzles using the unique “Build System”, rebuilding objects in the game world to objects used for traversal, like the Springclank, Grappleclank and Rollerclank.
- Meet and interact with several beloved characters from the Girl Genius™ universe, like Gilgamesh Wulfenbach, Tarvek Sturmvoraus and many others.
- Many, many secrets, places to explore and collectables to find!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Girl Genius - Adventures in Castle Heterodyne. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Available on BandCamp bearandcatmusicproduction.bandcamp.com.
Screenshots, GIF's, Video, Key Art, Logo's at drive.google.com.
About Rain Games
Rain Games is an independent, employee-owned game development studio based in Norway. Founded in 2010, the creators at Rain Games share a passion for crafting memorable worlds which engage curious players through a sense of exploration and discovery. The studio previously released the critically acclaimed puzzle platformer Teslagrad, as well as the 3D action-adventure World to the West, and revolution-themed social survival game Mesmer. Rain Games recently released its anticipated sequel Teslagrad 2, and the team creating Girl Genius: Adventures in Castle Heterodyne are gearing up for their own release later in 2023. Learn more at rain-games.com.
More information on Rain Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Girl Genius - Adventures in Castle Heterodyne Credits
Team Lead, Game Designer
Lars Erik Helgemo
Linn Kathrin Taklo
Writer, Head of Marketing