Based in Bergen, Norway
Teslagrad is a 2D puzzle platformer with action elements, where magnetism and other electromagnetic powers are the key to go throughout the game, and thereby discover the secrets kept in the long abandoned Tesla Tower. Gain new abilities to explore a non-linear world with more than 100 beautiful hand-drawn environments, in a steampunk-inspired vision of old Europe. You play as a young boy who suddenly finds himself embroiled in a long-forgotten conspiracy, involving the despotic king who has ruled the nation with an iron fist for several years. Jump into an outstanding adventure told through voiceless storytelling, writing your own part. Armed with ancient Teslamancer technology and your own ingenuity and creativity, your path lies through the decrepit Tesla Tower and beyond.
Teslagrad was originally conceived as the world of Chroma evolved, derived from our casual-focused multiplayer game called Minute Mayhem. Rain Games stopped the development of the first game on which the team worked together in order to focus on Teslagrad, a completely different idea. After getting some funding and moving to a better office, Teslagrad development continued. PlayStation 3 and Wii U versions of the game were announced on May and June 2013, and a first playable demo for the PC was released on August 2013. Later that year Teslagrad attended indie game events such as PAX Prime 2013 and Eurogamer Expo 2013, gathering invaluable feedback and being warmly received by players and press.
- Complex puzzles! Put your sense of logic to the test and cleverly manipulate the world around you using electricity and magnetism.
- Explore! Make your way through rich 2D hand-drawn surroundings as you journey into - and beyond- Tesla Tower, picking up use amazing new items as you go.
- Visual storytelling! Tired of all those words in your video games? Have no fear, Teslagrad features not a single snippet of text or squeak of dialogue. Everything is purely visual, and the entire story is told through what you see (and sometimes what you don't see).
- Steampunk powered! Discover a dystopic and mind-blowing rainy-and-brainy setting, presenting a steampunk vision of an old Europe-inspired new world.
- No disruptions! That means no loading screens, no GUI, no cutscenes. Just the game and you.
- Mesmerizing soundtrack! Awesome mix of classical orchestra, with a touch of Russian inspiration and a myriad of metal bits and electrical stuff.
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Teslagrad. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "The colourful backgrounds, expressive movements, and focus on puzzles over combat recalls a mix of Braid and Limbo."
- Jeffrey Matulef, Eurogamer
- "Teslagrad is highly rewarding and an ultimately fantastic game."
- Darren Nakamura, Destructoid
- "An excellent Metroidvania, fun and stimulating to the brain."
- Lorenzo Baldo, IGN Italy
- "[Teslagrad] understands the golden rule of spinning a good story: Show, Don't Tell."
- Dale Morgan, IndieGameMag
- "It's beautiful minimalist storytelling, and it fits really well with the gameplay proper, which is delightful in more ways than one."
- Jared Rosen, Indiestatik
- "The art of the game matches how good this game is. Brilliant."
- Jozef Wotawa, Jumptogamer
- "Merging the dark, industrial, steampunk-inspired world with cartoonish fantasy is simply stunning."
- Joey Woznicki, Gaming Irresponsibly
- "The devs like call it "voiceless storytelling", but I like to call it a "super f*cking cool and a fantastic new, never seen before way of storytelling""
- Krist Duro, Duuro
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Rain Games allows for the contents of Teslagrad to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Teslagrad is legally & explicitly allowed by Rain Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://rain-games.com/press/sheet.php?p=teslagrad.
Read about Teslagrad release at rain-games.com.
That guy who changed the world and inspired us at en.wikipedia.org.
About Rain Games
Rain AS is a relatively young company, growing forth from a cooperative community of local artists and programmers. The games we produce are small, smart, simple and elegantly designed. Being comprised of people who all enjoy many different aspects of gaming allows us to blend these different elements together until we find something that sticks, all in the name of creating an enjoyable video game experience. Everyone on our team is passionate about gaming, and strive to create games that are not only fun, but challenging.
More information on Rain Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Management, Level Design
Ole Ivar Rudi