Based in Bergen, Norway
Press / Business contact:
Rain Games AS is a Norwegian independent video game developer forged from a cooperative community of local artists and programmers. Our team is diverse in both talents and interests, but we share a common goal: To create games that are fun and challenging. Our first game, Teslagrad, is a 2D puzzle platformer that has sold over 1.6 million copies worldwide. On May 2017 we released the 3D top-down action adventure World to the West, a standalone followup of Teslagrad, set in the same universe. Learn more at rain-games.com.
The first game we worked on was our yet unreleased Minute Mayhem. The game was rather simple, but we built an entire world for it containing four nations. Each of those countries featured elements of the European nations at different times in their history, and possessed a Steampunk Science unique to them. Working on the project we came to focus on the past of one of these nations in particular: Elektropia. This was the nation that embodied Eastern Europe and the Nordics, and their science comprised Electricity and Magnetism in all its awesomeness. One inspired evening the team sat down and wrote the base concepts for a platformer set in the history of this nation, more concretely on the city of Teslagrad. By this time all we had for a game studio was a part of a desk we rented at an Art collective, on an old and really poorly isolated building (coinciding with the harshest winter in Norway for quite a while). Crows were cracking shells on the frozen seawater outdoors, and we had to buy candles to try and help getting the office to a livable temperature. Working parallel on the new game Teslagrad and Minute Mayhem, we got some funding for Teslagrad in February 2011. This led to us focusing on Teslagrad full time, and move on to a better place where to carry on developing our games.
PAX Prime 2013 (Seattle, WA) YouTube
Eurogamer Expo 2013 (London, UK) YouTube
There are far more images available for Rain Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Audio interview with Rain Games team, July 2013."
- John Lindvay, Landon Durnan, BigSushi.fm
- "About the team, an interview with Greenlight Gaming by June 2013."
- Alex Coccia, GreenlightGaming.com
- "Peter and Marte talk with the Indiestatik crew, June 2013."
- Chris Priestman, Josh Mattingly, Indiestatik.com
- "Working on Wii U and more interesting stuff in this interview, August 2013."
- Andy W., Nintendo Enthusiast
- "Interview focused on PlayStation platforms, August 2014."
- Rashid Sayed, Gaming Bolt
- "Ole Ivar Rudi on World to the West lore and development, July 2016."
- Tony Miller, Nintendo Okie
- "How Rain Games designed the four characters in World to the West, May 2017."
- , PlayStation Blog
Check out our first game at http://www.teslagrad.com/.
World to the West
And our newest game at http://www.worldtothewest.com/.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Management, Level Design
Ole Ivar Rudi
Vincent Robert Hohler Jalland